is the largest room in the castle and occupies roughly half of the top floor. It has five windows which afford a wonderful view of the Black Forest to the north and across the central Swiss Alps all the way to the Bernese Alps to the south.
used to be the barn of the tenant’s house. The architect Pierre Zoelly placed on preserving the complex carpentry of the roof construction. Shortly after 1800, the building was enlarged by turning the roof truss through 90 degrees and enlarging it towards the southeast, thus producing the special shape of the double gables.